Maintainers wanted

Hi folks,

It’s been a while since I last had time and energy to work on GoboLinux. Maintaining a distro is quite a demanding task: integration of userspace services became more complex in the recent years (for some good reasons); turning users into contributors requires (mutual) dedication; preparing for new releases takes serious months of efforts (yet there’s always something silly that escapes from our sight and goes into the final release); there’s a never-ending list of requests and bug reports related to upstream packages; and I feel bad for not being able to handle it all.

Combined with new priorities in life, I seriously doubt I’ll be able to devote the time needed to keep pushing the project as a hobby.

Alas, it’s been 20 years of rewarding fun approaching Linux in different ways. I’ll keep running Gobo on my desktop and using it as a playground to exercise new ideas, but I won’t be looking forward to rolling new releases.

If you’d like to contribute to the development of the project, our GitHub bug tracker is a good start. I’ll be happy to be of any assistance for those willing to take over maintainership of particular components of the project, too.

Thanks,
Lucas

1 Like