CA Certificates update

I took a little time these last two days to create two recipes in order to solve the certificates issue on Gobolinux. To make it easier for me in a field in which I am not an expert, I ported the method used by gentoo. I get a functional result even if I think that we can do better and the management of the certificates should be done entirely from a dedicated software with a nice GUI.

Anyway, at least now things on Gobolinux will work much better, if you have any comments, I’m listenning.

The recipes can be downloaded from my repository and you need:

Recipe DebianUtils
Recipe CA-Certificates

Add them to your local tree, compile, and follow the instructions.
Enjoy :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the effort @yann-kaelig !!
I have pushed your updated CA-Certificates recipe (along with its deps) to the official repos!

So now everybody can resolve his/her problems by simply executing sudo Compile --no-check-certificate CA-Certificates :slight_smile: :+1:

Do not forget to run sudo sh /System/Index/bin/update-ca-certificates afterwards.

EDIT: Added instructions to the wiki GoboLinux 017 Known Issues and Fixes :: GoboLinux Documentation

2 Likes

I don’t have /System/Index/bin/update-ca-certificates?

EDIT: The package version is 20211016.3.74, which doesn’t sound right

Did you run sudo Compile --no-check-certificate CA-Certificates already?
Did it install (along with its deps)?

Yes, it installed version 2021016.3.74. UpdateRecipes says everything is up to date.

Please show the output of

ll /Programs/CA-Certificates

Can’t copy because urxvt doesn’t want to work, be patient…

Select text and use hotkey Ctrl+Meta+C to copy to clipboard. Or select and use middle mouse to paste somewhere else.

EDIT: Sorry Ctrl+Alt+C

drwxr-xr-x   4 root root  4096 Feb  2 21:43 .
drwxr-xr-x 443 root root 16384 Feb  2 21:43 ..
drwxr-xr-x   4 root root  4096 Feb  2 21:43 20211016.3.74
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root    13 Feb  2 21:43 Current -> 20211016.3.74
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root  4096 Feb  2 21:43 Settings

Show ll /Programs/CA-Certificates/20211016.3.74/sbin and ll /System/Index/bin/update-ca-certificates please.

ls: cannot access '/Programs/CA-Certificates/20211016.3.74/sbin': No such file or directory
ls: cannot access '/System/Index/bin/update-ca-certificates': No such file or directory

Ohh ok? What about:

ll /Programs/CA-Certificates/20211016.3.74/
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Feb  2 21:43 .
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Feb  2 21:43 ..
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Feb  2 21:43 Resources
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Feb  2 21:43 share

Seems like the script is missing, weird…

Ok I messed something up, wait.

Please try again (stupid 20 character limit)

works now. Thanks, nuc

1 Like

You’re welcome, thank you for testing :slight_smile:

I would like to add for everyone who just installed gobolinux - there in “GoboLinux 017 Known Issues and Fixes” they first offer to update CA-Certificates and then there is an instruction on how to update “Compile and Scripts tools”. In fact, you need to do it in reverse order. first update “Compile” and then “CA-Certificates”. Because the script for CA-Certificates is written in a new format.

1 Like